A boiler can be defined as a closed vessel in which water or other fluid is heated under pressure. This fluid is then circulated out of the boiler for use in various processes or power generation. In the case of power generation steam is taken out of the steam boiler at very high pressure and temperature.
Boilers can be classified based on the type of fuel used as
- Coal fired boilers
- Oil fired boilers
- Gas fired boilers
- Multi-fuel fired
- Industrial waste fired boilers
- Biomass fired boilers
The following points may be kept in view while selecting a boiler:
- The shifting and evaluating the competing claims of different manufacturers is no longer a layman’s job. It should be entrusted to a consultant.
- As of today, boilers are in buyers market. Only a decade ago they were in sellers market.
- Because a boiler is offered by a reputed firm it needs not to necessarily be good and because it is offered by a minor company just getting into business, it need not be bad.
When writing to the boiler manufacturers, the following information should be furnished to them:
- Lowest ambient temperature likely to be reached during a year at the proposed place of operation.
- Elevation of the place above MSL
- Maximum working pressure
- Maximum steam demand at the working pressure of the boiler.
- Fuel to be used and its analysis report.
- Whether the load on the boiler is likely to be steady or fluctuating and if fluctuating, then between what limits?
- Analysis of the raw water to be used in the boiler after treatment.
- In case of solid fuel fired boilers, whether mechanical firing is preferred.
- In the event of any proposed standardization of both the HPs & the maker of electric motors that fact should be intimated.
The boiler manufacturer should be requested to include the following information in the quotation he sends
- Gross thermal Efficiency of boiler with the type of fuel cited
- Accessories included
- Quality of steam-dryness fraction
- Flue gas temperature
- Grate area(for solid fuel fired boilers)
- Expected evaporation(kg of steam at working pressure/kg of fuel)
- Heating surface area
- Delivery Period
- Overall dimension of the boiler
- Quality of boiler feed water required?
- Weight of empty boiler & weight when water is at its full level
Thermodyne Engineering Systems is one of best boiler manufacturing company in India. We offer best quality products backed by sound engineering and best after sales service. Our Service Engineers are always available to help you in solving any operating or maintenance problems. For getting boiler safety manuals & energy saving tips mail us at email@example.com or you can call us on +91-9891042944 / +91-9990212122