Boiler is a closed vessel that is used to produce steam. Thermal energy released by combustion of fuel is utilized to make steam at desired pressure and temperature.
Boilers are classified according to what flows in the tubes
Smoke Tube Boilers – (Smoke – In – Tube) Smoke flows in the tubes. These are also called Fire tube boilers.
Water Tube Boilers – (Water – In – Tube) Water flows in the tubes
Smoke cum Water Tube Boilers – Combination design of water tube and smoke tube types
WHAT IS IBR?
IBR i.e. Indian Boiler Regulations is the law of India, which was created in 15th September 1950 in exercise of the powers conferred by section 28 & 29 of the Indian Boilers Act. It governs design, manufacture, installation and operation of all steam producing vessels which fall under its purview.
It defines a boiler as a steam producing vessel having capacity more than 5 gallons (25 liters). IBR boilers means any closed vessel exceeding 25 liters in capacity and which is used expressively for generating steam under pressure and includes any mounting or other fitting attached to such vessel which is wholly or partly under pressure when the steam is shut off.
As per the definition of IBR
“Boiler” means a pressure vessel in which steam is generated for use external to itself by application of heat which is wholly or partly under pressure when steam is shut off but does not include a pressure vessel –
- With capacity less than 25 liters (such capacity being measured from the feed check valve to the main steam stop valve)
- With less than one kilogram per centimeter square design gauge pressure and working gauge pressure; or
- In which water is heated below one hundred degrees centigrade
ADVANTAGES OF IBR BOILER
- No risk of explosion-Manufactured from IBR material
- Legal compliance ensures peace of mind
- Longer tube life & lesser breakdown
- Safety Assurance – Government certified third party inspection
NON-IBR Boiler i.e. is a boiler which is not covered under Indian Boiler Regulation.
- Any boiler, which is not covered under IBR i.e. a steam producing vessel whose volumetric capacity is less than 5 gallons (25 liters) is a Non-IBR Boiler & produces steam below one kilogram per centimeter square design gauge pressure.
- The specifications and compulsions of IBR law do not apply to these boilers.
ADVANTAGES OF NON – IBR BOILER
- Outside the purview of IBR
- No registration of boiler required at site
- Ease of operation & Maintenance
Thermodyne Engineering Systems is a leading steam boiler manufacture company that believes in Enhancing Energy Efficiency. They are leading manufacturers of Revosteam-Water Tube Coil Type Boiler. They manufacture high efficiency heating equipment in all fuel options & also provide end to end solution for the industry with turnkey offers.
For saving energy & reducing your fuel cost visit our website or Call us: +91-120-4110482, 4562332